2007年7月9日月曜日

Arrival in Tokyo

Check out the facilities! 1st time for everything - the bidet is much easier to use than you might imagine. I feel great knowing that I am helping the environment by consuming less T.P.



Well - I am safely here at the Keio Plaza Hotel. 22 hours of travel is enough for me. I did not realize that once we arrived in Tokyo Narita airport that there would be a 2 hr wait for a bus then a 2 hr ride on the bus to Keio. I am very fatigued.

Business class flight is pretty swanky. They fed us for the whole flight - filet, salmon, shrimp, chocolates, drinks....etc. We had personal entertainment centers for radio, tv, and movies.

Everything in Tokyo is EXPENSIVE! For instance a coffee is 420 yen. That is just over $10 U.S. I am glad that I am not paying for the trip. The sights were amazing. We drove for 2 hrs on the bus through SOLID city. Tall skyscrapers and double decker roads. These people are packed in here. It was dusk when I got here, so the pictures are limited. More pics to come.

Hopefully tomorrow I can make phone contact with some of the workers and get meeting figured out. It is 9:00 PM here - 7:00 AM at home - WOW.

It really feels far away. Thankfully there is English on most signs and most of the professionals know "some" engrish.

Sayonara,
Don 3

0 件のコメント: